Starbucks Copy-Cat: Bacon, Egg & Gouda Sandwich
My current pregnancy craving is the Bacon, Egg and Gouda sandwich from Starbucks. I love love love it – minus the price. I set out on an adventure to find out how to save money and make it at home. My husband and I have recently started the Dave Ramsey Financial Peace University and are on a kick to pay off our debt at super lightening speed – so there just is not room for this frivolously priced sandwich!
I will admit – it is not an exact copy. I made some changes, but overall I really love being able to make it at home and for much less. I did not use Gouda cheese – mainly because I was tired of looking!
Copy-Cat Starbucks: Bacon, Egg, & Gouda Sandwich
Mozzarella Cheese/Swiss Cheese (slices)
Bacon (I used Turkey Bacon)
Ciabbata Bread (or Ciabatta Rolls)
- Cook Ciabatta rolls according to package.
- Make eggs in to round patties (you can do them scrambled OR as over easy/medium/hard). We used a frying pan and the ring of a mason jar lid. But, they have these cool things on Amazon that help cook round patty eggs! (affiliate link)
- I cooked the bacon in the microwave for 4-5 minutes. I like mine extra crispy.
- Once the rolls were done, I store them in individual baggies.
- I wrapped one egg patty, 2-3 pieces of bacon and 2-3 pieces of cheese in tinfoil and stored in fridge.
- Morning of: Toasted roll in toaster and warm egg, bacon, and cheese in damp cloth in microwave for about 30 seconds. I then put the egg/bacon/cheese on the roll and add salt/pepper to the egg.
- Overall the prep process takes the longest. The warming up and making day of does not take long at all.