Simple Chicken & Veggie Wraps
I struggle with getting my family to eat any veggies – at all! Lately I have worked hard in order to incorporate them in to other meals so they do not realize how many veggies they are *really* eating. These veggie wraps are simple and delicious. You can add or subtract any veggies. Let me know what you try – I am always up for trying different variations 🙂
2 cups cooked rice
3 chicken breasts
1 chopped green pepper
1 chopped onion
1 chopped red pepper
1 can diced tomatoes
1/8 cup brown sugar
1-1/2 t chili powder
1-1/2 t cumin powder
1/2 t salt
3 T lime juice
3 garlic cloves, minced
I cooked this in the instant pot, read further down for directions as to cooking on the stove top.
- Combine cumin, chili powder, lime juice, brown sugar, garlic cloves, and salt in small bowl.
- Place chicken breasts in Instant Pot with 3/4 cup water. Cover in mixture of spices.
- Place diced tomatoes, onions and peppers on top of chicken.
- Set on poultry – 10 min for thawed chicken, 15 for frozen chicken
- When done, manually release pressure. Remove chicken and shred.
- Mix Instant Pot ingredients with rice. Serve with slotted spoon to drain some juices.
Stove Top Directions
- Cook and shred chicken.
- Follow step #1 above.
- Saute veggies in pan on stove with 2 T of olive oil.
- Pour spice mixture over veggies, stir to combine. Add chicken.
- After stirring, add rice and mix well.