Instant Pot: Sweet BBQ Meatballs
Family favorite recipe right here! We make these A LOT but it is because everyone loves it, even the kids who seem to be the most ridiculous picky eaters – amirite? Generally we serve these over rice but you may want to try pasta or another complimentary side! As promised I will post the short version of the recipe but because this is an Instant Pot recipe I will post the pictures below. I know some “newbies” are scared of the Instant Pot and all it entails but it really is SO simple to use!
1/2 Jar BBQ sauce (we use a different kind every time and they are all good!)
1/2 Jar Grape Jelly
1 bag frozen meatballs (32 oz size)
*you will not use the whole jar of BBQ sauce OR jelly… this is why I plan this meal twice in a month. You could also use leftover BBQ for BBQ chicken and the jelly for Saturday morning biscuits!*
1. Add 1 cup of water to the bottom of the instant pot. Use the steam rack that came with the instant pot – OR – you can use the vegetable steamer basket.
2. Add your meatballs on top of the steam rack.
3. Close lid and make sure valve is not set to release pressure. Click the Manual setting and then the minus arrow so the time only displays 5 minutes (it will take about 7-8 minutes to pressurize before initiating the 5 min timer)
4. Once the timer goes off, manually release the pressure. The seal valve will drop and then you will be able to open the lid.
5. Take out the meatballs and place them in a separate bowl. Dump out water and put inner pot back in to instant pot.
6. Turn the instant pot off and then select the Saute setting. Add 1/2 a jar of jelly and 1/2 jar of BBQ sauce to the instant pot – stir until well combined and no more jelly lumps.
7. Add the meatballs back in and stir to coat. Change the setting to Warm. Allow to simmer for about 5 minutes.
8. Serve over rice, noodles, etc.
You can also prepare these in the crockpot – just add all ingredients and cook on high for 2 hours or low for 4 hours.
What is your favorite side to serve meatballs with or do you only eat them at parties?
Check out the gallery below for some step-by-step pictures on using the Instant Pot!