A yummy twist on classic chicken tenders! Nutty Chicken is a quick weekday meal that is sure to leave everyone with a full tummy after asking for more! We didn’t have any leftovers.
1 cup bread crumbs
1/2 cup chopped almonds
2 T cilantro
2 t curry powder
1/4 cup flour
1/2 cup milk
3 chicken breasts cut in to strips
1/4 cup canola oil (or more)
1. In large bag, combine bread crumbs, almonds, cilantro and curry powder.
2. Place flour in shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, beat egg and milk together.
3. Dip chicken strips in flour, then egg mixture, and then place in bag. Shake to coat.
4. In a large skillet (or Instant Pot Saute setting) heat canola oil. Make sure the bottom is coated in oil. You may add more as you cook.
5. Cook chicken strips in the oil for 5-6 minutes on each side or until no longer pink in middle. Drain on paper towels.
OPTIONAL: Yogurt Dipping Sauce
1 cup plain yogurt
2 T minced cilantro
1 T honey
Combine all ingredients and serve with chicken.
JD decided he didn’t like the yogurt sauce but I thought it was pretty good – could have used more honey!
Shop my kitchen: Cat Towel is from Cat Flair!