January 2017 Meal Plan
Many have asked for my monthly meal plans with recipes. We are halfway through January but I am posting this for those who would like to get started now or even join me next month. February is complete but I am still working out some kinks before posting. This is a work in progress so bare with me please! I will be linking up recipes a little at a time.
A few notes
- I tried to plan meals more than once – most ingredients for one recipe could actually be used for two. For instance – we use half a jar of spaghetti for one meal, so it makes sense to buy one jar and make two meals of spaghetti.
- JD loves variety. He isn’t all about chicken or beef all the time so I try to vary it up. One beef, then chicken, then beef, etc.
- These are some of our favorite GO TO meals. I am branching out next month to try some new things!
- My instant pot is my BEST FRIEND. Any recipe I post for the instant pot I will also post instructions for the oven or crock pot, whichever is applicable.
- I try to shop meat sales. We had an equal spread of beef and chicken this month because BOTH were on great sales at my favorite store Kroger.
- This is actually my first month buy MOST of the supplies in one trip. As a working mom, going to the grocery store and meal planning every week was just really too much and we kept blowing our budget out of the water.
- I don’t tend to focus a lot of time on finding coupons. I think you can still save money buy planning out coordinating meals to use all your supplies up. If you coupon – great! Make it work for you.
- Completed recipes will be linked UNDER the calendar.
- Let me know of any meals you would like to see on the monthly plan or you want me to test out!