Instant Pot Cowboy Casserole
Is there anything better than a casserole in the Instant Pot? I think not!
1 lb ground beef (can use ground turkey)
1 bag frozen tator tots
3 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
1 onion (chopped)
2 garlic cloves (chopped)
1/2 cup milk
1 can corn (drained)
1 can Cream of Mushroom soup
4 T sour cream
- In a skillet, cook onions until browned. Add in garlic and let simmer before adding in ground beef. Add beef, cook on medium until browned then drain and add to mixing bowl.
- In another bowl, combine milk, cream of mushroom soup, and sour cream. Mix until well combined. Then add to meat bowl and mix.
- Add corn and 1-1/2 cups of cheese and mix well.
- Grease a 9X9 round pan and spread mixture in. Place tots in a circular fashion around the top.
- Add 1 cup water and roasting rack to instant pot. Fold up tinfoil to wrap around pan to create makeshift handle (otherwise you will be like me and unable to get it out!).
- Seal lid and press manual. Set timer for 15 minutes.
- Manually release pressure and add remaining cheese on top!
Serving size 6 (my family also goes back for seconds, though!)