Instant Pot BBQ Chicken, Bacon & Cheddar Pasta
A delicious twist on macaroni & cheese! Anything with bacon is better, right?
4 pieces bacon, cooked and crumbled
1 box penne rigate pasta
2/3 cup bread crumbs
1/2 cup BBQ sauce, divided
1 can (12 oz) evaporated milk
2 cups milk
4 T butter, divided
8 oz Velveeta cheese
2 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Add milk, 2 T of melted butter, and pasta to the instant pot.
- Seal the lid and set time to manual for 8 minutes.
- While the pasta is cooking, add 2 T of butter to a sauce pan. Mix in bread crumbs and stir until browned. Remove from heat.
- Once pasta is done, add in evaporated milk, Velveeta cheese (cubed so it melts faster), and half of the shredded cheese. Keep stirring until combined.
- Add in chicken and mix.
- Plate and top with bread crumbs, bacon, a pinch of cheese and a dollop of remaining BBQ sauce!
- Enjoy the sweet, smoky combination of flavors!