Incredibly Easy Instant Pot Potato Soup
Ideally soup is perfect for the fall months, but let’s be honest – it is really good ALL YEAR! I have been having a pretty strong pregnancy craving for soup and this definitely fit the bill. I have actually eaten it several days since making it. I top it with crunch bacon every time and I just cannot get enough. What I really love about this soup is that it does not require any heavy cream, which can get quite expensive.
Instant Pot Potato Soup
5 lb russet potatoes, peeled & cubed
5 cups chicken broth
4 T butter
1/3 cup softened cream cheese
1/3 cup sour cream
2 cups cheese, whatever you like!
salt and pepper to taste
OPTIONAL: 1 – 2 cups milk
- Add potatoes and chicken broth to Instant Pot.
- Set timer to 10 minutes.
- Quick release pressure when done.
- Mash potatoes. Add butter, cream cheese, and sour cream. Stir to combine.
- Add 2 cups cheese and stir until melted.
- If your soup is not thin enough, this is where you can add the optional milk. I did not add any because I think I accidentally used too much chicken broth!