Foil Pack: Cheesy Chicken & Bacon
Foil pack meals are an easy way to throw several ingredients together to quickly make a meal. I usually make these in the oven but my love for my Instant Pot made me try them in there the other night. It was not as easy as the oven BUT it can work! They needed to be separated by a rack so that they had air flowing all around to cook thoroughly. Each meal is wrapped in its own tinfoil so it is easy to do small packs for the kids or split a meal to take one for lunch.
1 box chicken stuffing
1 cup chicken broth
2 chicken breasts (can do up to 4)
1 cup chopped broccoli
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup bacon bits
- Mix chicken broth and stuffing mix.
- Lay out two pieces of tinfoil and divide the stuffing mix between the two pieces of foil. We like extra stuffing BUT you could make this work for four pieces of tinfoil (you would double all other ingredients).
- Place chicken on top of stuffing mix. Top each with 1/2 the broccoli and bacon bits.
- Cover chicken with as much or as little ranch as you would like and then divide the cheese over the two chicken breasts.
- Fold foil up and around to create a pouch.
- Add 1 cup water to IP, place one pouch on the bottom, add rack, and place other on top. Seal lid and set to manual for 18 minutes.
- You can cook both in oven for about 25-30 minutes on 350.