Easy Weeknight Dinner –
Million Dollar Spaghetti
It is easy to get tired of plain ole spaghetti – why not change things up a bit?
This recipe for Million Dollar Spaghetti is one of our GO-TOs when we are just tired of plain ole spaghetti. It can get pretty boring, amirite? If you don’t want a lot of leftovers you could cut this recipe in half OR freeze the remainder for another meal later in the month!
1 lb ground beef (we cook all of ours at the beginning of the month so I pulled out a frozen bag to thaw)
1 box noodles (we used fettucine but any will work fine!)
1 jar of favorite pasta sauce (maybe 2 if you *really* like sauce)
1 stick of butter
8 oz cream cheese (SOFTENED – very important)
1/4 cup sour cream
1 cup cottage cheese
2 cups shredded mozarella
1. Preheat oven to 350°F
2. Cook noodles al dente according to package
3. Brown meat and mix in sauce.
4. Mix together cream cheese, sour cream, and cottage cheese.
5. Add 1/2 stick of butter to bottom of 9X13 dish. (Cut butter in to 8 slices)
6. Add 1/2 of noodles on top of butter.
7. Top noodles with cream cheese, sour cream, and cottage cheese mixture.
8. Add other 1/2 of noodles.
9. Cut remaining 1/2 stick of butter (8 slices) and spread on top of noodles.
10. Top with meat and sauce mixture.
11. Sprinkle shredded Mozzarella cheese on top.
12. Cook on 350 for 25 – 30 minutes and ENJOY!
Need some picture reference? Don’t worry – you will find them below! Make sure you check out my February Monthly Meal Plan 🙂