Easy Cheesy Enchiladas
New twist on Taco Tuesdays!
Every Tuesday in our house is “Taco Tuesday” but that gets boring after a while! I usually incorporate one taco night a month and make every other Tuesday some sort of Mexican dish. Easy Cheesy Enchiladas are a super simple recipe that is sure to be a hit with all members of your household!
1 lb ground beef
1/4 cup taco seasoning
1 can red enchilada sauce
1 can rotel tomatoes, drained (optional)
Package of flour tortillas
1 package Spanish rice (side item)
1-3/4 cup shredded cheese (more/less to fit your preference)
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Brown ground beef and add taco seasoning. If you like, add can of drained rotel tomatoes.[JD would prefer that we DON’T use them next time.]
- Coat bottom of 9X13 pan with enchilada sauce (no measurement, just use enough to cover the bottom.
- Spoon meat into middle of tortillas (again, no measurement – just as much as you like!). Top with cheese and roll up. Place in 9X13 pan. Repeat until pan is full (about 7 tortillas).
- Top enchiladas with more enchilada sauce (about 1/2 cup worth). [You will have enchilada sauce leftover so put it in a container in the refrigerator to save for a later time!] Top with remaining cheese [and add more!].
- Bake at 375 for about 25 minutes until cheese is bubbly and melted.
So easy and quick! Rhory loves helping to spoon the meat in to the tortillas – and it is okay if it gets messy 🙂 What are your favorite ways to add a twist to Taco Tuesdays?