The last few nights J has worked super late – like 10 PM late. After school it is just me and the three kiddos on our own to fend for dinner, bedtime routine, and getting everything ready for the next day. I am super thankful for J’s job but with both of us working it is hard to do the night routine alone sometimes. Chick-Fil-A is my GO TO when he is working late but when it is two nights in a row — I have to eventually make dinner! I try to find something super simple and something the kids will eat. I DO NOT have time to fight them about dinner. This is where Cheeseburger Muffins come in – and boy were they delicious!
1 lb lean ground beef (80% or higher, preferably 93%)
1 T garlic
1 onion, diced
2 T Worcestershire sauce
1-2 cups mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup Bisquick
1/2 cup milk
2 T garlic salt
- Preheat oven to 375. Spray 12 muffin cups.
- Add garlic and onion to pan and saute. After about 5 minutes add in meat and brown. Drain grease.
- Let meat cool for about 3-4 minutes and then mix in the Worcestershire sauce and cheese.
- While meat is cooking, mix all ingredients for baking mix in small bowl until combined.
- Cover bottom of each muffin cup with a spoonful of baking mixture. Add 1/4 cup of burger mix to each muffin cup.
- Top each muffin cup with another 1-2 spoonfuls of baking mix.
- Bake on 375 for 25 minutes. Add another 5 minutes if needed.
Another thing I love about this recipe is that if could be cooked the weekend before and just heated up for an even easier weeknight dinner! These muffins are just as good for lunch the next day!