Broccoli, Bacon & Cheese Egg Muffins
Healthy Grab And Go Breakfast
I’ve recently been on a kick to get healthy. The only problem? I hate healthy foods. I really struggle with eating foods that are good for me and will hold me over longer than foods that I crave. Vegetables and fruits are not cravings for me so I have to actively think about eating them. As a working mom, planning my meals is the hardest. If it is prepackaged and ready to go then I am more likely to choose it! Time is of the essence and I don’t like to spend a lot of time meal prepping, even though I know that would make it easier to eat healthier.
The egg muffins are SO easy. I have made them in the past with bread, but I nixed the bread. Instead, I added broccoli and onions that I had sauted in a pan. These egg muffins turned out much better than I expected.
Broccoli, Bacon, & Cheese Egg Muffins
2 cups broccoli, chopped
1 cup onion, chopped
2 T bacon bits
1/2 cup cheese
1/2 cup milk
salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350
- Saute the onion and broccoli together until it reaches your desired consistency. (Some people like their onions a tad crisp, but I prefer mine to be cooked all the way through.)
- Beat eggs together. Add milk, bacon bits, and cheese and mix together.
- Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners. (DO NOT FORGET THIS STEP)
- Evenly pour egg mixture in to each muffin cup (about 1/4 each).
- Top with broccoli/onion mixture, pressing down with spoon.
- Cook for 20-25 minutes until eggs are cooked all the way through.