Beef & Broccoli Over Rice
30 Minute Instant Pot Meal
My picture is anything but fancy – LOL. Working mom over here trying to make some delicious meals and save my sanity so paper plates for ALL! I love being able to just throw away (recycle) the plates. I know it is not eco-friendly so much as washing dishes BUT I need to get back in to regular meals. Once I have a schedule established then we will resume normal dish using.
This is a meal similar to my Mongolian Beef recipe – which is another hit in our house. I love the added ingredient of broccoli and the different flavors that are brought out with this meal.
2 lbs boneless beef steaks, cut in thin strips
1 onion, diced
2-3 cloves garlic, minced
1 can beef broth
1 cup soy sauce
2/3 cup brown sugar
2 T sesame oil (I just used canola oil…)
3 T cornstarch
3 T water
2 broccoli floret heads, chopped
1/4 cup water
Instant Rice, you decide servings!
- Add oil (enough to cover the bottom of the Instant Pot) and brown meat in batches on saute setting. Do not overcrowd and remove once browned.
- Once all meat is browned and removed, add onions and garlic and saute for 1-2 minutes.
- Add beef broth, soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil and stir until sugar is dissolved. Add back meat and any juices.
- Turn off Instant Pot and turn back on to manual for 10 minutes.
- While meat is cooking in Instant Pot – add chopped broccoli to microwave safe bowl and add 1/4 cup water. Cook in microwave for 4 minutes, adding an additional minute if not tender enough.
- Cook instant rice at this time,
- Once timer is done on Instant Pot, quick release pressure. Mix together 3 T cornstarch and 3 T water, add to Instant Pot and continue stirring until thickened.