50 Things I LOVE About My Mom
Yesterday was my mom’s birthday! It was a milestone birthday – the big 5-0. I’m hoping she doesn’t kill me for putting that out there, but if I didn’t tell you then you would really have no idea. She not only looks young, but she is young at heart. Everyone always thinks we are sisters – insert eye roll 🙂
But really, look at this picture of her and my dad — they look much younger than 50!
In honor of this BIG birthday, I’m listing out the reasons I love my mom – one for each year of her life!
- I wouldn’t be here without her…
- She gave me all of my craft genes.
- She holds our family together. The “glue” so to speak.
- She taught me how to cook.
- She taught me how to do laundry.
- She cooked breakfast for my brother and I every morning through our schools years.
- She loves unconditionally.
- She always strives to see the good.
- She is always out to lend a helping hand.
- Her compassion for others in need is never failing.
- She is always finding a bargain.
- She loves to play games.
- She still gets us toys for Christmas, at 25 and 23 because “you’re always a kid”.
- She loves my kids.
- She prays for me and my family.
- She was always able to find whatever I was missing…
- She kept waking me up when I would go back to sleep before school.
- She let me take naps after school.
- She talks to me on the phone every day.
- She always made our Halloween costumes.
- She always forgives.
- I’m pretty sure she still has a lot of my trophies from way back in the day.
- She didn’t make me feel bad for backing out of ballet.
- She always encourages.
- The amount of time she spends volunteering is incredible.
- She keeps my dad sane. LOL
- She keeps my secrets.
- She embraces my weirdness.
- She loves donuts and therefore I love donuts.
- We made Christmas ornaments for family EVERY Christmas.
- She let me stay home from school even when I wasn’t always sick.
- She encourages me to go to the doctor…
- She always has coffee ready.
- She is very reflective.
- She always threw the best birthday parties.
- She’s beautiful.
- She listens to me rant.
- She loves traditions.
- She loves the beach.
- She loves to collect shells and shark teeth.
- She loves her family.
- She is always giving me things.
- She stood by me through my darkest times.
- Our friendship.
- She is level-headed.
- She always goes above and beyond.
- She always has a Valentine and Easter basket, no matter how old I am.
- She loves crime shows as much as I do.
- She always comes and helps at my house when I need it.
- She is MY mom.
Tell me, what are the things you love about YOUR mom?