5 Minute Instant Pot Enchilada Casserole
Say what? YES! This recipe is so quick you will be questioning where it has been all of your life!
six simple ingredients lead to one delicious meal
1 lb ground beef
1 onion, diced
12 corn tortillas
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can rotel tomatoes (or another can diced tomatoes if you don’t like the spicy-ness)
1-3/4 cup of cheese
2 cups salsa, divided
1. Saute onions and add meat, cooking until. brown. Drain excess grease.
2. Add 1-1/2 cups salsa and both cans of diced tomatoes to the meat/onions and mix well.
3. Add 1 cup of water to the bottom of Instant Pot.
4. Add 1/5 of meat mixture
5. Top with 3 overlapping corn tortillas.
6. Repeat 3 times, ending with the last layer of meat on top.
5. Seal Instant Pot and set manual timer for 5 minutes (high pressure).
6. Once timer goes off, release pressure manually and add cheese. Reseal lid and let sit for 10 minutes. Cheese will melt and the excess water/tomato juices will evaporate.
You will not be disappointed with this meal! It is easy, quick, and delicious! I actually scooped mine up with chips and topped with sour cream – SO YUMMY!
Once all elements have been added prior to cooking; it will seem strange there is so much liquid.
After cooking, remove lid and add cheese. Reseal the lid and let sit on warm for 10 more minutes. (or can serve now!)
DELICIOUS! & most of the juices are gone!
Easy to serve!