Philly Cheesesteak Pizza
JD’s favorite meal is a Philly Cheesesteak. Well, one of his favorite meals! He also loves pizza so I jumped at the chance to combine the two! We used to make homemade pizza a lot before having kids but haven’t in quite some time. I love that the process is simple and Rhory can help out. Everything is also done in less than 30 minutes!
1 can refrigerated pizza dough
1 pkg deli roast beef, cut in to strips
1 onion, diced
1 green pepper, sliced
2 cloves minced garlic
1 t pizza seasoning
1/4 t salt
1/4 t pepper
2 cups (or more!) mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven according to pizza can directions (decide if you want thin or thick crust!)
- Saute onion and green pepper in pan with olive oil for about 3-5 minute or until tender. Add garlic and saute for another 2 minutes.
- Add in roast beef and stir, sauteing for another 5 minutes.
- While this is cooking, spread out pizza dough on GREASED pan.
- Add spices (salt, pepper, pizza seasoning) to the meat and veggies. Stir to combine.
- Pour on to pizza crust, leaving a 1 inch edge around the whole pizza.
- Top with cheese – we used more than 2 cups BUT 2 cups would have been plenty 🙂
- Cook according to pizza can directions – ENJOY!
Do you have any sandwiches turned pizza? I’d love to add some others to our list of things to try! Sometimes recipes can get boring – change it up some!