10 Minute Craft Under $2
Gift giving is one of my FAVORITE things! I love giving all kinds of gifts – just because gifts, birthday gifts, holiday gifts – you name it I find a reason to give a gift. Now that I have kids I have really enjoyed letting them in on the gift-giving process and being able to make personalized little handmade gifts. Rhory loves getting to make “cafts” as she calls them! Here is an idea for a SUPER easy, simple, cheap and useful Mother’s Day Gift Idea!
Sticker Sheet of Letters
Measuring Tape or String
Black Permanent Marker
Bright Colored Permanent Markers
Mug (I got the one pictured at Walmart for $0.88!)
- Wash your mug! I know that sounds like a DUH instruction – but sometimes people just forget! Dry it off completely.
- Select your letters for your mug. We chose MAMY because that is what my daughter calls my mom.
- Lay your stickers out on a string or measuring tape so you can make sure they are straight when you stick them on the mug.
- Trace the letters on the mug with black marker.
- Give your child the colorful markers and let them draw all over the mug! This is the best part.
- Preheat oven to 200.
- While oven is heating CAREFULLY remove the letter stickers, trying not to mess up the black outline.
- Pop in the oven on a tray for about 30 minutes to let the permanent marker dry and soak in.
- TA-DA! Who doesn’t love a coffee mug AND one made by their granddaughter/grandson? PERFECT gift! Add their name to the bottom 🙂